Dreams Do Come True

I have an agent!

It looks so calm in print. In actuality, I’m a quaking, quivering, excited mess. Since I got the phone call this morning, I’ve broken two fingernails, fallen off my shoes nearly spraining my ankle and accidentally ripped the fuse box cover off its hinges in my car.

But I’m fine now. Really.

Okay, I’m a little better than fine. This is one of those moments we writers dream of. Oh, yeah, I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t imagining all this. It hurt. It must be real.

Someone recently told me that the biggest high they had gotten in their writing career wasn't the sale of their first book. It was that first call from an agent wanting to represent them. I believe it. Of course, the rest of it hasn't happened to me yet, so I'll get back to you.

So don’t call me tomorrow night. My husband will be taking me out to dinner to celebrate. He doesn’t know this yet, because he wasn’t home when I got the news and then I had to take my mom shopping and he’s working afternoon shift. Just because I have an agent, life doesn’t change much. I left him a note, written in big print with lots of exclamation points. I have an agent!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1