Toncillitis and assorted stuff

I’m sick. I hate being sick. I especially hate being sick in the summer. Or spring. Or whatever season we’re in right now.

As you can probably tell, I’m a tad crabby.

I suspected something was coming on Tuesday evening, a suspicion that was confirmed when I did not sleep a wink Tuesday night and got up Wednesday morning feeling like I’d been hit by a bus that then backed up over me, shifted into Drive again and mashed me a third time. Everything hurt. I had a yoga class to teach that night and was actually grateful when only two students showed. Especially considering who the two students were. I knew they would be content with a restorative class, so that’s what we did.

I was a bit concerned because I had a really full day scheduled on Thursday. But I had a reprieve and felt pretty good after a full eight hours of sleep Wednesday night. The bad part is that I think the Universe was giving me a Get Out of Jail Free card and I passed on it. I’m sure if I’d just taken it easy Thursday, I might have kicked this thing early. But noooo. I attended my Pennwriters lunch, went grocery shopping, picked up BooBoo kitty’s meds at the vet, fixed supper and taught another yoga class (no restorative this time). And then came home and promptly fell into a relapse.

Friday I felt lousy, but stubbornly refused to let it slow me down. Much.

Yesterday, I had Ray take me to Med Express where I was diagnosed with tonsillitis and possibly strep throat. Although the culture came back negative, the PA thought my throat looked pretty bad and figured I still might have strep, regardless.

I’m on antibiotics. My throat is no longer sore, but I have a cough that…well, I’m not into writing gory horror stuff, so we won’t discuss what’s coming up when I’m hacking. Suffice it to say YUCK.

In other news:

Ray got the camper inspected, but I haven’t taken Sammie out there to see how she responds yet. It’s been too hot. Running the air conditioning in the house is sending my electric meter into orbit. Plugging the camper into the house and running MORE a/c? Not gonna happen. It’s supposed to cool down over the next few days. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to give Sammie some camper kitty practice then.

Our garden is in and doing not so well. We need rain. Not to worry. The Pittsburgh Arts Festival kicked off this weekend. Guaranteed, we WILL have rain.

Mom “graduated” from Physical Therapy for her dizzy spells yesterday. Yay!

No news on Patty. I’ve been sick. No way am I going anywhere near her until I’m over this.

Back to work on the manuscript tomorrow. I’m up to page 210 of my second draft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1