Christmas Parties-Part 1

Tis the season, so they say. I think “they” mean the holiday season. For me, today begins the COLD season. (sniffle, sniffle)

I’ve been dodging everyone’s germs pretty well until now. But life goes on.

Yesterday, I attended my first of the season’s (holiday, not cold) Christmas parties. My local chapter of Sisters in Crime gathered at the Church Brew Works for a lovely lunch followed by a book exchange. I gave Lisa Scottoline’s Devil’s Corner. I received a two-fer: Tribeca Blues by Jim Fusilli and In the Cut by Susanna Moore. But I’d have been happy with any of the books changing hands at the party. Not a dud in the bunch.

No, the dud was my car. It picked yesterday to die. Thankfully the death happened in my driveway, not on the streets of Pittsburgh. Hubby is currently attempting to revive it. I had to “borrow” his car (which used to be MY car) to meet up with my fellow Sister in Crime, Cathy Corn. I was most grateful that she had offered to drive, so I only had to take hubby’s rather dirty and smelly “work” car as far as Robinson instead of all the way into the city.

The Church Brew Works is a remarkable place. If you’ve never eaten there, I highly recommend it. It is, indeed, an old church that has been transformed into a place that sells food and beer. It’s a little disconcerting when you first walk in the door, because at first glance, it still LOOKS like a church.

I have another Christmas lunch on Thursday. I think it’s also the season to pack on the pounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1