Belmont Blues

The Belmont Stakes did not go as everyone thought it would. And I do mean EVERYONE. Big Brown went off a 1-4 odds. Basically, your dollar bet would win you a quarter.

I don’t know why, but I wasn’t all that fired up. Maybe it was because I’ve been disappointed so many times. I was so convinced that Smarty Jones was going to provide a Triple Crown win a few year back. That loss in the Belmont burst my bubble in a big way.

But I was sure hoping that I was wrong. I was hoping to see a Triple Crown winner THIS YEAR.

Alas, it was not to be. As I write this, there has been no report on Big Brown other than he wasn’t lame, wasn’t hurt. All good news. There are so many reasons a horse doesn’t win a race. Especially THIS race. Hopefully it was just the heat. I know I feel sluggish today. Maybe Big Brown did, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1