Wanted: Eight Hours of Sleep

I need a nap. Desperately. The Olympics have driven me into a state of sleep deprivation. I’ve been staying up hours beyond my designated bedtime to watch swimming and gymnastics and volleyball. Will Michael Phelps break Mark Spitz’s record? The suspense is killing me!

I crashed shortly after midnight last night and missed seeing Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson take gold and silver. Of course, they managed to go ahead and win without me. But I’d have loved to have seen it. I’d also have loved to see Bela Karolyi react from the booth. The man loves the sport.

I try to sleep in after these late nights, but we are currently surrounded by construction. PennDOT is working on the road in front of our house and the neighbors are getting a new roof. Both work crews get to work VERY early. I heard the beep beep beep of a truck backing up before six this morning. I began plotting a murder mystery in which a weary, normally peaceful woman bludgeons a construction worker for beginning his work day before sunrise.

Well, Phelps goes for another gold medal tonight. Think I’ll take nap while I have the chance…

Comments

Hey nice blog. I see you are a horse lover. I'm just finishing a funny post about horses. It's called "The Shoecake Game" and I'll drop it on the Kangaroo Rodeo late tonight. Check it out.
Hope to chat with you soon...
M-

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1