Published!

Writing as a career can be discouraging. You’d better love to write, because if your goal is to become rich and famous…well, excuse me while I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes.

Most days are solitary and fraught with rejection. Whenever I recognize one of my sase’s in my mailbox, I generally assume it contains a rejection letter. More often than not, I’m right. Of course, there are occasion pleasant surprises. We writers make big deals about the acceptances, email our friends, do the Snoopy dance, etc, because we need to suck every bit of joy from those rare moments that we can. Tomorrow, we’ll be receiving more rejections.

So it is with great happiness and fanfare that I announcement the publication of my latest short story, “An Assassin in the Family” at Mysterical-e. Click here to read it.

I have to say, this is an exceptionally good issue because my friend and fellow Working Stiff, Joyce Tremel, also has a story in it. You click here to read hers.

Comments

Kathleen said…
WooHoo! Congratulations! Happy Dance!
Anonymous said…
Yay, Annette!

And Joyce, too!

Paula Matter
Anonymous said…
Wow, you had me all the way! I loved it...
Joyce's sister--Amy
Anonymous said…
Oh....I was talking about your new short story....that may have been useful to mention!
Amy
Annette said…
Thanks, everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Mom Update

Looking Ahead...