Diary of a Conference Coordinator: Part Three

Saturday was a quiet day. Being borderline paranoid, I wonder if this means everything is in order OR if it’s simply the lull before the storm.

A few more registrations came in. I had one phone call from someone who was having problems with the online registration. Situation: normal.

I exchanged emails with Mike Crawmer who is hosting the Author’s Tea and Booksigning event. Everything looks good there.

Sheryl Nantus, who will given the duty of keeping track of those digital recorders contacted me to let me know she’d found the directions for the new gadgets online. So that item of concern can be crossed off my list, too.

I put together the packets for those participating in Thursday’s Fiction Intensive. Name badges printed: CHECK. Notebooks and pens packed: CHECK. Everything neatly in alphabetical order: CHECK.

Every morning, I log into my email, wondering what list of work I’m going to have for the day as a result of what’s there. This morning (Sunday) I allowed myself the luxury of sleeping in just a bit, harboring hopes of another light day. This morning’s email provided a few minor requests and questions. All have been handled.

I can breathe!

And maybe even read.

Everyone who registers for the Pennwriters Conference will receive a copy of LOOK AGAIN by our Friday keynote speaker, Lisa Scottoline. One of the perks of this job is having those books delivered here to my house and getting to pull my copy off the top. It’s an incredible novel. If you can’t come to the conference, you can buy LOOK AGAIN here.

To be continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...