Kreativ Blogger!

I owe a big thank you to my fellow Guppy and critique buddy VR Barkowski (I know what the "V" stands for, but I'm not allowed to tell) for honoring me with a nomination for the Kreativ Blogger award. VR's blog chronicles her journey toward publication, from the manuscript onward and entertains its readers in the process. VR is also participating in Nanowrimo this month. You go, girl!

Now comes the fun part. I get to nominate seven other worthy bloggers (who must nominate seven other... and so on and so forth). Here are the rules:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog.
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.
Let's see... Number one done. Number two done (thanks again, VR!). On to number three. Seven things about me that you don't know. And probably don't care.

1) One of my many past jobs included working in a kiosk where I pierced ears. I hated it.
2) I'm allergic to wooly caterpillers. Do NOT put one down my shirt. If you don't believe me, ask my husband.
3) When I was a little kid, I had an invisible pretend collie dog named Lassie. Yeah, I know. Not very original.
4) I'm a pretty good quilter.
5) I'm also pretty good at basketball.
6) I can't hammer a nail to save my life.
7) I can't swim. I can't even float. I sink really well.
Thank goodness THAT is over. Is anyone still awake out there? Good. Here comes my list of nominees.
We Love It, Don't We? My friend and neighbor Sara Bedillion may not be a professional writer, but should be. Her blog follows her farm family's adventures in life, running a farm market complete with bees, and raising three fantastic kids. There are also horses, cattle, chickens, dogs, cats, and pigs. What's not to love???
Bird Photography, Bird-watching, and Bird Gardening Doris Dumrauf is a friend and fellow Pennwriter who writes historical fiction as well as articles for Pennsylvania Magazine. AND she's a fantastic photographer. Her blog includes photos she's taken and tales of nature and wildlife. If you're looking for a peaceful quiet escape into the wild without leaving your computer, give this blog a try.
Sasscer Hill I didn't mention in my seven things about my love of horses and horse racing because EVERYBODY already knows that. Lynda Sasscer Hill is a fellow Guppy who is seriously into the sport of kings. Her blog follows that passion. If you love horses (and animals in general) you must check this one out.
A Million Blogging Monkeys Confession time. I've only recenty discovered Alan Orloff's wonderful blog, but it's quickly become one of my "must reads." Alan's book Diamonds for the Dead is coming out in April 2010 from Midnight Ink and his blog is a ton of fun. One might say as fun as a barrel of blogging monkeys.
The Blotter My friend, Sister in Crime, and travel buddy Joyce Tremel is a fantastic writer in search of an agent. I've been fortunate enough to have read one of her manuscripts and I have no idea why it hasn't been published. Anyhow, Joyce is also one of the group bloggers at Working Stiffs and has her own blog, which she doesn't post to nearly often enough (hint, hint, Joyce!) It's a bit eclectic, subjectwise, but always interesting.
Write First, Clean Later The name of the blog is my words to live by. Author and editor LJ Sellers (who I met in an elevator at Bouchercon last year!) has two fabulous books out: The Sex Club and Secrets to Die For. Her blog includes wonderfully informative pieces on the craft of writing.
Mystery Writing is Murder Elizabeth Spann Craig's wonderful blog on writing and life is another one that is new to my radar, but has become an anticipated part of my day. Elizabeth has written two cozy mysteries for Midnight Ink titled A Dyeing Shame, Death at the Beauty Box and Pretty is as Pretty Dies (to be released August 1) and is working on a three-book series for Penguin/Berkley Prime Crime under her pseudonym Riley Adams.
And that makes seven. I strongly advise you to check them all out. You'll be glad you did.

Comments

L.J. Sellers said…
Thanks for the shout out for my blog and my books. I'm honored to make your list. But we wouldn't do well as the only two people in a summer camp. I love to swim, but can't play basketball worth a damn.
Annette said…
LJ, you might have the pool to yourself and I might be shooting hoops alone, but we could take a nice long bike ride together.
Jemi Fraser said…
Congrats on the award. I'll have to check out your nominations, but it'll have to wait until after nano!
Sara said…
Hey! Holy crap I fell off the face of the earth and forgot!

Thank you thank you thank you!!
I've got some catching up to do!!

Popular posts from this blog

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Mom Update

Looking Ahead...