Monday's Priority List: The Dreaded Blurb

Mondays are a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I feel relieved that I have an entire week to work through the new to-do list. Later in the week, with the clock ticking down to the weekend, I feel mounting pressure to get the rest of the stuff on the list crossed off. Today, hey, I have lots of time.

Ha.

This week, I’m prioritizing my list. Topping it is my website. I’ve been meaning to have it updated since spring. If you check it out, you’ll see it hasn’t been touched in a couple of years. It still focuses on the veterinary racetrack mystery. I need to change that focus to my new paramedic mystery.

I need to start querying the manuscript. But before I send out my first query, I want the website to reflect the new novel.

The holdup is the website page that will be devoted to the novel. I need to write a blurb. I also need a blurb for the query letter. I hate writing blurbs.

So I will be spending my writing time this week gnashing my teeth and pulling out my hair as I struggle with two versions of the same thing. The dreaded blurb.

Hmm. I wonder if I could dress up as a blurb for Halloween. Nah. It would be just too scary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...