What time is it?

Welcome to Daylight Saving Time. Yes, it’s another sign of spring, but without a doubt, it’s my least favorite.

Okay, we could quibble about mud and flooded basements, but that’s a topic for another day. Right now, I have DST jetlag. It comes without the benefits of having traveled.

Lots of people detest the time change. Last night I was talking to my cousin on the phone and he says he doesn’t care whether we’re in DST or EST. Just pick one and stick with it.

He’s not alone.

Personally, I don’t mind the time change. I do like the additional hour of light in the evening. What I despise is dragging myself out of bed in the pitch black of morning. I mean, it was just starting to get light earlier and WHAM! We have to set our clocks ahead. Now we’re back to it being dark until almost 8AM! What kind of sick joke is that?

In the “good ol’ days” Daylight Saving Time didn’t kick in until early April. Seems to me, at one time, it was even LATE April. Now THAT was fine. The days were already long enough that the extra hour of darkness in the morning didn’t hurt quite so much.

So I propose we set our clocks back to those days. Start DST in late April and go back to regular time in early October.

Of course, no one in charge ever discusses these important decisions with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...