Get Ready, Get Set...

Happy Halloween.

We get zilch in the way of trick-or-treaters around here. In fact, the only time we EVER had trick-or-treaters was when my cousin lived next door and her kids were little. Often, though, I’ve purchased candy JUST IN CASE. Which means I have to eat it all myself. Darn. But not this year. Lately, writing time battles with treadmill time, and the writing time is winning. So no bag of miniature Reese’s Cups for me.

Instead of focusing on Halloween, I’m thinking of this as Nanowrimo Eve. Originally, I’d planned to spend it getting a jump-start on my page count. And since I’m doing my own revision version of Nano, and since I’m making up my own rules for it, starting early would not be deemed cheating.

However, I’ve decided NOT to cheat anyway. Instead, I intend to spend the day cleaning house.

Boy, do I know how to have fun or what?

Seriously, the house needs it. I’ve been letting things pile up (literally) for months now while using the revisions excuse. “I have to get these revisions done! I can’t take time to tidy.” But when I think of what this place will look like after another month, I fear the health department may be summoned.

I’m also catching up on other little sundry items. I owe my online critique group three critiques and one submission. Since I’m the one who keeps tally of these things, I can let myself slide. But again, if I put it off for another month… Besides, I have the critiques done. I just have to post them.

Yes, I should be a member of Procrastinators Anonymous. “My name is Annette, and it’s been six months since I’ve caught up on my email.”

Today I will put aside my revisions to tackle all the other stuff in my life. But tomorrow is November first and the manuscript will once again take top priority. Get ready, get set…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...