Nanowrimo

November is National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as Nanowrimo. The idea is to pound out an entire 50,000 word novel in one month.

I’ve never participated. I do too much editing as I go along to put out those kinds of numbers. But I’m always in awe of those writers who do take part, whether they succeed or not.

This year, while I still don’t plan to sign up for the official version, I do think I’m going to do my own adaptation of the challenge.

I’m currently on page 120 of my revised manuscript. I’ve decided to set a goal of 30 pages a week for the month of November. That would give me double what I have now and put me within 100 pages of being finished. Do I think I’ll meet that goal? Probably not. But I’ll give it my best shot.

Honestly, it’s well within my capabilities to write that much. But as soon as I make any high-minded plans, I fully expect life to get in the way. At least if I set an outrageous goal, I’ll accomplish more than if I don’t push myself at all. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress.

If you’re taking part in Nanowrimo, either officially or unofficially, feel free to post your goals and accomplishments here. And good luck to you all!

Let the writing begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...