A Mom Update

So many friends have been asking about my Mom, I realized I needed to post an update. It’s been a rough couple of months for both of us, beginning with the realization that she wouldn’t be able to live independently at home any longer. However, the plan for her to move in with us didn’t set well with her. She repeated she didn’t want to be a burden in spite of my insistence that she wouldn’t be.

As of this past Tuesday, Mom has moved to Sunrise SeniorCare, a beautiful assisted living facility. This place is incredible. Heck, I want to live there! Either she’s lying to me or she really does like her new digs. Time will tell. My home will always be open…although I have to admit, where she’s at now is WAY nicer than Casa de Dashofy!

For Thanksgiving, Hubby and I picked her up and took her to the family gathering where she oversaw the carving of the turkey.

No blood was shed, no fingers lost.

With Mom settled into her new apartment, a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Once again, I’m getting back into the writing groove. No one is happier about that than Pete and Zoe, who were raising quite a fuss inside my head these last weeks!


Speaking of Pete and Zoe, I have some good news to share in the very near future. Stay tuned!

Comments

Carol Silvis said…
I'm glad you found a nice place for her where she is happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...