Writers Police Academy 2017

Better late than never, here is my photo journal from last month's Writer's Police Academy.

This has to be one of the coolest hotels I've ever been in. While I didn't get to see much of Green Bay, the hotel and its decor definitely gave me a feel of the area.




First, we got to practice some hands-on police techniques. 









The drone demonstration was fascinating. I had no idea what these things could really do. Or in some cases, what they can't do.

Did I mention how awesome the hotel was?

There are always a few surprises when you get off the bus at the training facility.



RESEARCH!


Defense and arrest tactics. Somewhere out there is a photo of me getting handcuffed, but I don't have it. 




Have I mentioned how cool the hotel was?


And did I mention the surprises awaiting when you get off the bus in the morning?

The problem with getting fully immersed in the hands-on training at Writer's Police Academy is you forget to take photos. Trust me, it was awesome...even though I'm pretty sure the bad guy killed me during the shoot-don't-shoot scenario. 

Saturday evening's banquet was fun. 


I mean, seriously, where else can you have dinner while watching an episode of Longmire on the big screen...a very gory episode of Longmire...and no one turned green or complained?

Keynote Craig Johnson (one of my absolute FAVORITE authors.)

And this hotel? I can't begin to tell you how much I loved it. Even the draperies were cool!
How many hotel have these in the lobby?

Will I be back? You bet! And not because of the hotel. Writer's Police Academy gives crime fiction writers the kind of opportunities you can find NOWHERE else. You don't just learn about techniques. You DO them. 

You just don't have time to take pictures of doing them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1