Launch Day for Lucky Charms!

A year ago, as I was completing my short story for submission to our local Sisters in Crime chapter’s anthology, I had no idea whether it would even be accepted, let alone end up being the first of THREE launches within nine months! The second will of course be Circle of Influence in March and the third will be the second Zoe Chambers mystery coming out in September.

But today is the big day for Lucky Charms: 12 Crime Stories

I’m sharing the excitement with eleven of my Pittsburgh area Sisters in Crime. It’s truly amazing how much talent we have here in southwestern Pennsylvania.

As previously mentioned, I wrote my contribution “Sweet Deadly Lies” a year ago, long before my contract with Henery Press—long before I knew my cast of characters from Circle of Influence would be hitting the bookshelves in short order. But it turns out to be excellent timing, because when I created this short story, I borrowed one of my secondary characters from the series for it.

Detective Wayne Baronick is a police detective for the Monongahela County Police Department. You’ll get to know him in the Zoe Chambers’ series as a good-looking thorn-in-the-side to Vance Township’s Chief of Police Pete Adams. In “Sweet Deadly Lies” we get to meet him and his younger sister, Abby, also a police officer, but in the shadow of her more successful brother. This is Abby’s story—her turn in the spotlight.

The story opens:

Mona Peterson had once told me the chunk of fake turquoise hanging on a heavy silver chain around her neck always brought her luck. Seeing that same silver chain cutting purple grooves into the gray skin of her throat, I had my doubts.

Interested in reading more? Perhaps you need a Christmas gift for a mystery-loving friend or family member. Go online here to purchase the print version and request a signed copy. Have a Kindle or a Nook? Click here for the Kindle version or here for the Nook Book.

Other e-book formats are available. I’ll have the links posted as soon as I receive them.


If you’re in the Pittsburgh vicinity, I invite you to come to Mystery Lovers Bookshop this Sunday, December 8 where all the Lucky Charms authors will be hosting our publication party and signing copies from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. I think I heard mention of champagne.  

Comments

Liz Milliron said…
Of course you were accepted - there was never a doubt in my mind. The honor is mine; being included in an anthology with two published authors!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1