Countdown to Release: 27 days!

I have a very busy few weeks ahead. Malice Domestic next weekend. The release of FATAL REUNION. Pennwriters Conference. And everything that comes with real, live events. 

But first, there's the preparation. Since I'm often asked about what it entails to be a writer and published author, I thought I'd post a diary of sorts here, and share what's going on behind the scenes. 

Yesterday, I received my proof pages AKA galleys AKA PDF ARCs. That's a lot of letters. Basically it's the PDF file of the book with the pages laid out the way you'll see them once it's bound. Or on your e-reader. 


The galleys aren't just a sneak peek for me. This is the final chance I have to fix things. Not big things. That ship has sailed. But typos, missing words or punctuation. That sort of thing. The sneak peek is one of my favorite parts of the process. Trying to find those nitpicking errors is one of my least. I've enlisted a couple of eagle-eyed friends to help, but that doesn't let me off the hook. I learned way back in the third book that there are some mistakes that only I can catch...at least until a reader points them out in a review. 

So that is what I'll be doing with my time for the week. 

By the way, here's a sneak peek for anyone interested in the opening scene of the new Zoe and Pete mystery.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1