Sick Kensi and Book News

I've had a couple of rocky weeks with Kensi. She'd been doing well as far as tummy issues were concerned. Then I took her to the vet for a checkup. She'd been sneezing and wheezing, so I knew an antibiotic shot was in order. Plus, she has an appointment with her cardiologist at the end of this month, so I wanted bloodwork done. (If they do it at the cardiologist appointment, the same test would cost twice as much). All was well except for her heart numbers, which was expected.


What wasn't expected was the extreme bout of nausea and all that entails, which happened last Saturday. And again on Wednesday night. No real fainting, but one very sick and unhappy kitty. I spent a few sleepless nights, worrying over her. Then, last night, she started gobbling down her dry food (and kept it down) AND she started acting frisky again. Well, as frisky as a 14-year-old heart murmur kitty who's carrying a little extra fluff can be. 

I slept well last night for the first time in a week.

Meanwhile, I learned that the audiobook of What Comes Around is now up for preorder. Good news for all those waiting to listen to it.


 In other news, HarperCollins 360 has put Keep Your Family Close on sale for $1.99 until July 8.

Other than that, I'm still waiting--for the print version of Keep Your Family Close to become available in the US and for the cover and title of the third Honeywell mystery. This morning, I turned in my second round of revisions, so I'm back to focusing on the rough first draft of the fourth one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

The 2010 Confluence Writers' Retreat and Flood

A New Face