The Next Cat Thing


I'm convinced that the Universe sends me special-needs kitties because the Greater Power knows I will take care of them. I've had cats with kidney failure, cats with thyroid issues, one blind kitty... Sammie had cancer. Skye had Bartonella's disease.

Kensi? Well, up until now I thought Kensi was my gift for having cared for the others. Finally, a healthy, low-maintenance feline.

This winter has been a rough one for everyone in my family. First Mom's failing health and her death in early January. Since then, I've been sick with one thing or another. Stress related. Diminished immune system stuff. If' I've not been ill, Hubby's had this bug or that.

And Kensi has been sneezing and wheezing through it all. I wasn't panicked because she hasn't acted sick otherwise. She's eating. She's ripping and racing through the house. But she's had this upper respiratory thing that just would not clear up.

Monday, I took her to the vet. Diagnosis?

Feline Herpes.

All things considered, it's not as bad as all the other illnesses I've dealt with. The only symptoms she has is the sneezing, wheezing thing. Everything else is fine.

It's not communicable to humans. It's not curable, but the flare ups are treatable. Doc gave her a shot of a long-lasting antibiotic and sent us on our way.

Today, the upper respiratory stuff is noticeably better. Kensi has no clue anything is wrong. Hopefully we'll only have to deal with some sniffles from time to time.

Don't worry, Universal Protector of Kitty Cats. I've got this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Mom Update

Looking Ahead...