Looking back on 2014

It’s time once again for me to look back on the year as it comes to an end. One thing I can say about 2014: There’s never been a dull moment.

It started out frantic with revving up to release my first novel while finishing my second and starting my third. And in March, the day I feared might never happen came to fruition. My first launch party was a huge success.



I’d dreamed of someday signing the famous bathroom wall at Mystery Lovers Bookshop. It finally happened.


Then I spent a few months learning to be a published author, attending book signings and conferences.


Soon I was gearing up for the launch of my SECOND book! At the same time, I was finishing the third one.


The highs were tempered with lows, namely my mom’s health issues. My goal for 2014 was finding balance. I think the Universe wanted to make sure I kept things in perspective.

The second launch party was incredible, too.




And as if that weren’t enough, I hit the USA Today bestseller list!

Then there was the trip to the west coast and Bouchercon at the Beach. Long Beach, California, that is. I may have played hooky a little too much. But I couldn’t resist the sun and sand in November!



On my way home, I stopped in New Mexico for a vacation with my BFF, Leta.


As 2014 comes to a close, I have yet another book coming out…


…my first book is now available in audio



…and more adventures on the horizon. I think it may be a little hard to top this year, though! 

Comments

Kait said…
Congratulations Annette. What a great year - I hope 2015 is ten times better!
Annette said…
Wishing the same for you, Kait!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1