2017: Looking Back

It's been a long, busy year, so I thought I'd share some of my photo memories from 2017.

The year started on a low note with the passing of my mom.

After laying low over the winter, I came out from grief-induced hibernation for a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia where I had a fun book signing for No Way Home...
 ...and got another hug from my favorite TV cowboy and Emergency! doctor, Robert Fuller. It's always great to see him!
Back home, we launched No Way Home officially at Mystery Lovers Bookshop.

And I joined my pals Joyce Tremel and J.J. Hensley for an author panel.
In April, I traveled to Bethesda, Maryland for Malice Domestic.

(Yes, that's Anne Hillerman at my left! I got to sit on a panel with her! Squee!)

(Agatha Award Banquet fun with my Henery Press editors and friends)

May brought a cross-state road trip for my first ever visit to Philadelphia.
 From the big city, I headed to the small town of New Hope for a group author event.
 I fell in love with the place!
Back to Pittsburgh where I had the honor of being the Saturday keynote speaker at the Pennwriters Conference.
 And I got to dress up like a pirate! That doesn't happen every day!
In June, I made the trip across the state again for a writing retreat at the Franciscan Spiritual Center for a week of peace and quiet, during which I finished my next book, Uneasy Prey!

With the manuscript turned in, it was time for a vacation AKA my annual trip west to Colorado and New Mexico.




In August, I headed west again, but NORTH west to Green Bay, Wisconsin and Lee Lofland's Writers Police Academy. Research has never been so much fun!

And being me, I found and fell in love...with a horse.
I had several opportunities this year to be Fangirl.
Lisa Scottoline:
And then I got to introduce one of my absolute favorite authors, Craig Johnson, to my Pittsburgh crowd!


Not everything was about writing though. I attended my class reunion, hanging out with some folks I haven't seen in decades!
In October, I returned to the annual Writer's Road Trip Conference as an instructor with a fabulous crowd attending my workshop!
 And in November, my pal Anne Slates and I participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.
As 2017 ticks down, I have to say it's been a wonderful year for me in spite of its rocky start.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1