I'm Back!

I tried using the blog feature on my website, but it's just not working for me. I'm still at Writers Who Kill, although only once a month now. And things are starting to happen in my world, so here I am. 

At some point late in October, I decided to do NaNoWriMo AKA National Novel Writing Month. The idea is to write a complete 50,000-word novel in one month. It happens every November, and while I've used the group energy to boost my word counts in the past, I've never done it on an official basis before. Two incentives pushed me into it. One: I needed a distraction from the political overload steamrolling our way in November. Two: I was 35,000 words into my current manuscript and was floundering. I figured 50K more would give me a completed first draft. 



As of right now, I'm at almost 42,000 NaNo words (77,000 manuscript words) and the end is in sight. 

In other news...

Right after signing up for NaNoWriMo, I signed with an agent! Dawn Dowdle of Blue Ridge Literary is now representing me! It's such a relief to be able to hand over the reins to that part of my writing business. Plus, she's been querying the 11th Zoe Chambers Mystery, since I'm no longer under contract with my old publisher and within a couple of weeks, we've had TWO offers! I have until the end of the month to make up my mind, although I'm pretty sure I know what direction I'm going. 

Stay tuned! 

 

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...