Thanksgiving Retreat

 I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Yes, it was definitely different this year, but it was still nice. There was just my husband, his mom, and me. And plenty of food. 

As is the family tradition, this morning, Hubby and the Nephew headed off to hunting camp. That will be different too since there will only be three men sharing the camp. 

Meanwhile, I have set aside the next few days as my own personal writing retreat. No packing, no driving. Just me, Kensi, and my computer.

And a big pot of chili. Hubby dislikes the stuff, so once a year, I cook up a batch and eat it until the hunters return home. 

My plan is to use the retreat template my dear friend Ramona Long used when we all gathered at the Clare House near Philly. 

The Retreat House


Retreat buddies, Martha Reed 
and Edith Maxwell

My writing space on retreat

Meditation and some yoga in the morning. Coffee and breakfast. Writing. Coffee and lunch. A walk. Writing. Maybe a nap. More writing. Supper. During and after supper, there would be wine and socializing with the other retreaters. No socializing. Instead, I'll be reading. And wine is more fun with friends, so I'll probably finish the apple cider instead.


Home sweet home writing retreat

My goal is to complete the first draft of Fatal Reunion, the eleventh Zoe Chambers mystery, and to polish the final chapters of the standalone racetrack mystery to send to my critique group on Sunday. I might even start giving some thought to the next WIP. 

As for NaNoWriMo, I'm going to be shy of my 50,000 words, but I will have a completed manuscript, which really was the reason for signing up. I call that a win. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1