Distractions

I had hoped to have Death by Equine ready for publication by now. I had hoped to be able to list it available for pre-order by the first of next week. Alas, I'm running behind. My reasons (excuses) are numerous, beginning and ending with yet another round of Covid Distraction. 

A year ago, when the pandemic began, I lacked focus, motivation, and creativity. Lots of us were in that boat. By autumn, I'd regained my ability and passion to write. Lately, it's once again become a struggle. Add Cabin Fever and Spring Fever to the mix and you have one frustrated author. 

I have moments of eagerness and hope. A third vaccine. Lower case numbers. Maybe my husband and I will get our vaccinations sooner rather than later. Part of my brain begins to plan trips in anticipation. 

Even a weekend at Lake Erie, a mere 3-hour drive, sounds amazing.

But I can't let myself get too excited. Focus. I must focus. 

That means continuing to run through one more round of revisions on Death by Equine. I've pushed my original self-imposed deadline back a week and a half. I hope to finish the revisions early next week and shift into the Great Unknown of formatting and uploading the manuscript. 

My release date isn't affected since I've been in the publishing business long enough to allow for missed deadlines. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1