Taking Care of Business

Last week, I finished the second draft of Fatal Reunion AKA Zoe Chambers #11. Does that mean it's done? Oh, heck no. I have a critique group meeting this Sunday and they'll give me feedback on fifty pages of it. Next week, I'll work on their comments and make fixes as needed. But for the moment, Zoe and Pete and the gang are resting.

I was supposed to teach an online writing workshop for a local library this Saturday, but it's been postponed. Happily, the reason for the postponement is the flipflop of last year's cancellations. We're putting it off until we can have the workshop IN PERSON, inside the library, later this summer. This makes me extremely happy. I love to teach, but much prefer seeing the looks of understanding or confusion on my students' faces, thereby allowing me to shift focus to keep everyone up to speed. That's nearly impossible when focusing on a shared-screen PowerPoint. 

Which brings me to what my main focus is this week: Death by Equine. The bookmarks have finally arrived. I'm packaging up bundles to go out to my street team for nationwide distribution--a process that has run into more than one speedbump. 


First, the original order was lost in transit. Second, the printer promised to reprint and reship but instead CANCELED THE ORDER. Third, (now that they're here) I've run out of mailers. More are coming and the bookmarks should be headed to those who've requested them by the weekend. 

I hope.

And lastly, I've made all the corrections my eagle-eyed proofreaders found in the galleys and now (as soon as I finish writing this blog AKA procrastinating) will start uploading the final version to the distributors. We'll see if it goes easier than the first time. 

The smartest thing I did on this path to Indie-publishing was giving myself lots of lead time. It may take me every bit of the next month or so to work out the bugs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1