Gardening

As I write this, it's chilly and rainy outside. But for a few days AFTER the dove family moved off my porch and BEFORE the weather turned ugly, I jumped in and got some outdoor work done.

We lowered the porch swing and power-washed it, the porch, and the other outdoor furniture. It looks good if I do say so myself!
I also hit the greenhouse and bought some herbs and veggies...and a few flowers. 

The gutters had fallen off our old horse barn. Rather than scrap them, my husband and I came up with the idea of using them for my herb garden. We spray-painted them copper and nailed them up on the framework of the side porch. I planted oregano, thyme, dill, cilantro, parsley, and two kinds of basil. I need to get more dirt to finish filling the gutter/planters, but so far, so good.
In my cold frame, the lettuce is about ready to be harvested and the spinach will be ready in a few more weeks.
My husband planted tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, onions, and beets in the regular garden. 

I haven't gotten my impatiens planted yet. I have to wait for a break in the rain. But at least everything is getting watered in really well!

And while it rains, I'm writing a new book! More on that soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...