Release Day!

It's finally here. 

Over the last few years, I've averaged a book release every 8 or 9 months. The time from story concept to publication has been reasonably short. My first published novel, Circle of Influence, took seven years to make it from me typing "Chapter One" to finding a publisher to hitting the bookstore shelves. 


Death by Equine has languished for SIXTEEN years. I wrote it a couple of years before Zoe and Pete hatched in my brain. I signed with an agent for it. It didn't sell. The agent and I parted company. I put it aside, started, and completed Circle. Another agent expressed interest in Equine (although it was called something else back then. Even the title has been on a twisty path to publication). Zoe and Pete were shoved to the back burner while I revised Equine. Still nothing happened publication-wise. I put it away once again, found a publisher for Zoe and Pete, and never looked back.

Sort of.

Every so often, someone who'd read and/or critiqued an early version would ask me about that racetrack mystery. Never wanting to say never, I hemmed and hawed and kept dodging the question.

After Til Death, the 10th of the Zoe Chambers mysteries came out and my contract was up, I puzzled over what was next. I decided it was time to revisit Dr. Jessie Cameron and the old racetrack mystery. 

After passes through my critique group and freelance editor, I deemed Death by Equine ready for primetime. And for my first foray into indie publishing. 

Here we are. Release day! Jessie, Meryl, Greg, and Daniel have set out into the world. So far, the early reviews have been encouraging. 

If you haven't read it, I hope you will. If you have read it, I hope you liked it. 

Now, back to work on the next Zoe Chambers mystery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1