Looking Back at 2022

It's time for my annual assessment of the current year before I make plans for the new one. Click here to read my goals and hopes for 2022. 

I did well, overall. Fatal Reunion came out on schedule in May, although too late for Malice Domestic or Pennwriters. But I did attend both conferences and had a blast.



It just came out in audiobook too!

The NaNoWriMo project not only found a title, but a home, and is coming out next month from One More Chapter/HarperCollinsUK!


Where the Guilty Hide will release in digital on January 20. It comes out in print in the UK on March 2. I don't have a print release date yet for here in the US. 

The 12th Zoe Chambers mystery, Helpless, is with my Level Best Books editor, awaiting its May 2023 release. It's a bit of a departure for me. More suspense than whodunit mystery. It was a wild ride to write and hopefully will be the same for my readers!

My "mini book tour" included a trip to Florida for Sleuthfest in July, where I had a great time hanging out with old friends.




It was my first time on an airplane since before the pandemic, and I only experienced one flight delay and no missed connections. I call that a success.

My big FAIL was my personal decluttering goal. In my defense, I have a good reason. The contract I signed with One More Chapter required me to write three books this year: Two for them plus Helpless for Level Best. Housework has suffered, but I've made all my deadlines (so far).

There were a couple of big events that I hadn't planned on. Being tasked with interviewing James Patterson definitely counts as BIG. 


And winning the Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award was HUGE. 


Looking back, it's been a wonderful year. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1