Looking Ahead...


Here we are, beginning a whole new year. It'll fly by, I'm sure. As I age, the hours, days, weeks, and months seem to gain momentum. So it's only natural that my biggest hope for 2023 is to SLOW DOWN. 

Having said that, I still have goals for the year. Here's what the first quarter looks like.

January: Complete my second/third draft of Detective Honeywell mystery #2 so I can meet my February 1 deadline.

February: Tackle my 2022 accounting stuff. Once again, I failed at keeping up-to-date with recording expenses, so it all has to be done NOW. Also, work on a second round of edits on HELPLESS, the 12th Zoe Chambers mystery. And begin outlining the 13th one.

March: Work on developmental edits on Honeywell #2 and begin drafting Zoe #13 

If all goes according to the schedule, I should have THREE books coming out in the next twelve months!

So much for slowing down. But I do plan to begin each day with some "me time," be it meditation, yoga, or exercise. Or a combination. 

Much of the rest of the year's writing goals will depend on how the Honeywell series sells and if I get a request for more than the two books currently under contract. I still plan to outline the third one, because I left so much hanging at the end of the second one! 

Other goals for the year involve travel. I want to take a trip to visit my friend in New Mexico. I haven't seen her since pre-pandemic times. Then I plan to attend Malice Domestic, the Pennwriters Conference, and Bouchercon in San Diego. 

I've started lining up a few personal appearances, but hope for more. (If you have a bookstore or library that would be interested in having me visit and/or teach a workshop, have them reach out to me!)

And that's about as far as I've gotten with looking ahead. Last year was so amazing and so busy, I have little hope of matching, let alone surpassing, those accomplishments. 

I wish you all a happy and peaceful New Year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1