Random Monday Ramblings


Being from the Pittsburgh area, even though I’m out in farm country, I’m in a funk this morning. Most of us are. Our beloved Steelers lost yet again. I mentioned over on Working Stiffs that I think Ben Roethlisberger needs to take a week off and come to me for some Restorative Yoga and I’m renewing my plea here and now. Dear Bill Cowher, Let Charlie Batch play and give me Ben for one afternoon. He’ll be so relaxed and refreshed after a few hours of restorative yoga poses that he’ll come back and win every game the rest of the season.

Maybe we could fill Ben’s helmet with bubble wrap, too. I mean, good grief, the guy bounced his face off a car this summer.

Okay, I realize most of you didn’t come here to hear me whine about my Steelers, so I’ve leave it at that.

On to the Word Watchers Challenge. Tomorrow is our self imposed deadline for our latest goals. Once again, I’m not going to meet mine. I have rewritten chapters two through eight. And I’ve finished Chapter Nine, although, I now realize one scene there isn’t going to work and needs to be fixed. As of right now, I’m up to page 137. My goal was 175 by tomorrow. Ain’t gonna happen.

My new goal is five pages a day, Monday through Friday. If I can manage that today and tomorrow, I’ll be at 147 for my October deadline.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m almost looking forward to the quiet of winter. I have illusions of being snowed in, just me and my computer, making huge progress. Of course, the reality is: big snowfall, lots of shoveling, power goes out, battery in laptop dies after an hour.

So I guess I’d better not wait for the long blissfully isolated days of winter.

My new mantra is: Five pages a day, then play. Except that “play” is rarely what interferes with my writing. But, hey, it rhymes.

If you want to confess your failure at meeting your goals for this Word Watchers Challenge, please leave a comment. The rest of us will offer you a shoulder to weep upon. If you DID meet your goals, please leave a comment, too. The rest of us will live vicariously from your success.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, Annette (and you too, Kristine) keep up the good work.

I should finally hit the 175 page mark before the end of the week.

Summer keeps doing things I hadn't planned on her doing and she slowed me down. Some characters have a lot of nerve, don't they!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...