Kensi Update

I just realized I didn't further update everyone on Kensi's visit to the cardiologist. It went really well. I mean, REALLY well. Short of being told her heart had miraculously been repaired and she would live another 14 years, the news was as good as possible. She's stable. Nothing is getting worse. One of her symptoms wasn't evident at all during the echocardiogram. We're to keep on doing what we're doing. And unlike our regular vet, the cardiologist said she didn't need to lose weight, BUT she shouldn't gain any more either. 

As for the gakking following the visit to the regular vet, I did my own research and learned the antibiotic shot she gets for her upper respiratory wheezing lists stomach upset and nausea as a side effect. How did I miss that the dozen or so previous times she's gotten it? The cardiologist told me to give her a quarter of a Pepcid pill for her stomach as needed. So far (knock on wood) it hasn't been. She had one hairball incident, but...well...cats and hairballs. It's a thing. And compared to everything else we're dealing with, it's a minor thing.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

The 2010 Confluence Writers' Retreat and Flood

A New Face