(Not) The End

My goal was to complete the messy first draft of Honeywell #4 over this past weekend. I kinda sorta did. But not really. There's one more scene needed to wrap it up, but as I stared at the page yesterday, that scene wouldn't reveal itself. I understand why. 

This will be the scene that wraps up any loose ends, explains any pesky questions that may not have been answered fully during the action of the story, and (hopefully) sets up the next book. 

The problem arises from my not knowing what I've left unexplained...and knowing that one thread needs to come out. I had good intentions for it, but it never went anywhere. So it must go. 

I've decided to leave that final scene alone for now. I'm starting over. Draft 2. It will give me a chance to make notes about details I forgot about. Stuff that should go into that final scene. And I can cut anything referring to that incomplete thread. 

I did much the same thing when I wrote Helpless. Only that time, I did write a final scene for the sole purpose of being able to type THE END. Then I ended up totally rewriting it. So, I figure this time, I'll save myself a little work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

The 2010 Confluence Writers' Retreat and Flood

A New Face