At Long Last

In writing and in life, patience is not only a virtue, it's a survival necessity. Being doggedly stubborn also helps.

Almost twenty years ago, when we last had the roof on our log cabin replaced, I wanted GREEN. Preferably green steel. But the menfolk in my family solidly refused and I ended up with brown shingles. 

Blah.

I'm not usually a nag, but ever since, every time I see a green roof on a log home, I point it out to my husband in the most obnoxious manner possible. Believe me, he got the point. 

Three years ago, we installed new entry and storm doors. I insisted on green for the storm doors. So they'd match the green steel roof I would one day have.

Two years ago, we had a garage built next to our house. It was my husband's dream, and I let him pick all the details...except for the color. And yes, the roof was green steel so it would match the green steel roof I would one day have on the house as well.

This spring, we had a horrendous hailstorm. It put huge divots in the garage roof and pounded the heck out of our ugly brown shingles. 

Yesterday, we got new roofs on both the garage and the house. The garage looks exactly the same, minus the hail dents. But the house? I am thrilled to announce at long last, I got my green steel roof!   

Before...

And after!

Patience and dogged determination win again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1