Happy Winter Solstice

I can't bring myself to celebrate winter. I've never skied. My sledding and inner-tubing days are long behind me. I used to attempt skating, but the memories of landing on my backside keep me from ever trying it again. 

Nope, I don't do winter. 

But I love Winter Solstice. It's about looking forward to more hours of daylight. This is it. We've bottomed out on the darkness quotient and are heading toward spring!

We had snow last week. It was pretty. Yes, although I don't do winter, I can appreciate the beauty of Mother Nature painting the world in black and white. 



Ask me again in January or February (or March!) and I won't have anything nice to say about snow. But it's the week leading up to Christmas, so I'm okay with it.

Ha! As if I get a say!

The longest year in the history of the world is winding down. I'm cautiously optimistic about the New Year, although I have no illusions about things suddenly becoming rosy just because the ball drops at midnight. It'll take a while, but hopefully, the vaccine will gradually bring us back to something resembling our old normal. 

As for me, I'm working on another round of revisions for the racetrack mystery. I'm also still juggling title ideas for it. On January 2nd, I'll ship it off to my editor. Also in January, I'll start working with my cover artist. This will be my first self-published book, so I'm excited and nervous about the process. Lots of unknowns. 

I'm also starting the first major round of revisions on Fatal Reunion, the next Zoe Chambers mystery. And soon, I'll get back to drafting the first in the new Lake Erie Mysteries series! I'm excited to get to know this new cast of characters.

Those are my plans for the immediate future. Oh, by the way, I'll be sending out a newsletter on Christmas Eve, and it will contain the password to access a brand new Pete and Zoe short story on my website! If you haven't subscribed to my newsletter yet, go here and do it now! If you sign up before the 24th, you'll get twice the free short stories, because there's one on the Subscribers Only page now and the password will come to you in the welcome email. Then you'll get the new one on Thursday.

Happy Solstice and happy reading!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1