Black Friday, My Version

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. Mine was terrific. A year ago, we had to carry Mom and her wheelchair into my nephew’s house. This year, she climbed the steps on her own power. Everyone there was happy and healthy. What could be better?

Today is Black Friday, the high holy day of shopping. I am staying home. Friday is normally my regular grocery shopping day. Not today. No way. Uh-uh. Today, I’m writing.

I don’t plan to add new pages to my work in progress. I do plan to go through some critiques I’ve received and do a little revising. I glanced through one of these critiques late Wednesday and some major issues jumped out at me and sang a little song. There are times when I don’t agree with critiquers’ comments. But there are other times when they hit the proverbial nail on the head. Something was bothering me, but I didn’t know what. And there it is, all explained to me. YES! That’s where I messed up. That’s what I need to work on.

So that’s a big part of my plan for the day. Fixing stuff.

I also have a few items to write for the Penn Writer newsletter (deadline: Monday) and it’s time for another Area 3 e-newsletter to go out. Plus a paper version for my area 3 members who aren’t online. There are a few of them. Hard to believe, but true.

I have plenty to keep me busy. I don’t need no stinking Black Friday.

Comments

Kathleen said…
I'm glad you had a happy Thanksgiving! The holiday was pretty good around here, too.

I also stay away - far, far away - from stores on Black Friday. They would have to be giving away the new stove I've been wanting for two years! And I mean FREE!

I did finish most of my shopping on line yesterday. Fa La La La La.

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...