Duct Tape

My darling husband doesn’t much like it when I blog about him, so let me just say, click here. You will need to scroll down to about five paragraphs from the end.

Yes, we’re now both sick of winter.

Of course, my favorite part of the article is the “escaped injury” part. It could have been so much worse.

There is a strong belief in my family that ANYTHING can be repaired with either baling twine or duct tape. I remember decades ago when I was in 4H, cruising around Harrisburg during the state horse show in my 4H leader’s car. The muffler was being held on with baling twine. The problem is, baling twine burns and mufflers get hot. So everywhere we went, we smelled smoke.

Now our old Saturn has been repaired (TEMPORARILY) with duct tape. It seems the front fender had an unfortunate encounter with a rotted fence post during the above-mentioned incident. The driver’s side mirror also fared non-too-well. But since the car is otherwise drivable, dear hubby patched the holes with the intrepid stuff until a more aesthetic solution can be arranged.


As you can see, it ain’t pretty, but it will do in a pinch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Catching Up...AGAIN...Part 1